martes, 20 de junio de 2017

My favorite tree

hello my friends I will talk about my favorite tree is meli (Amomyrtus meli) Is an evergreen tree that reaches a height of up to 20m and a diameter of up to 60cm, smooth bark, decorticant of whitish reddish color. Opposite oval, lanceolate or elliptic leaves with acute apex ending in a "mucron" up to 1mm long. Plates 2-5 x 0.7-2.5cm, petioles 2-4mm long. New glabrous shoots that differentiate it from the Luma (Amomyrtus luma), which is a species to which it closely resembles.
Meli has hermaphrodite flowers, 5 sepals fused and 5 petals free white 3-4mm long. numerous stamens 40-80 5-7mm long. The fruit is a blck-violent berry 2-8mm in diameter usually with 3 seeds of 3-4.5mm.
It is an endemic species of Valdvian forest that live preferably in moist and shady places from Arauco to Chiloé(VIII to X region)
I really like this tree because its wood is extremely hard and resisitant so it is used to make tool handles and parts of carts. It also enchants as an ornamental species because it blooms abundantly and is very very fragrant.





  

2 comentarios:

English language

Hello friends today I will talk about my experience learning English during these two years, I really started from the basics and here I lea...